If you have ever suffered from a bacterial infection, chances are you have taken an antibiotic. Azithromycin is one of the most common antibiotics used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Azithromycin tablets are also known by their brand name Zithromax. It is one of the world’s best-selling antibiotics.
By buying Azithromycin in Australia you can use it to treat or prevent certain bacterial infections, most often those causing middle ear infections, strep throat, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis, STI (Chlamydia). The key is to find an online pharmacy that is legal, safe, and meets your needs, such as convenience and pricing.
Buy Zithromax (Azithromycin) Online
Get the same medication for a fraction of the cost with Azithromycin generic. Starting at just $4.31 for Azithromycin 500mg tablets, including free shipping on $199+. No Subscription is Necessary. Private and secure.
You can buy Azithromycin online in Australia via this platform! The goal of our pharmacy online is to provide customers with the best service possible. We can guarantee high-quality generic products, fast shipment, privacy protection, and security of your transactions.
The biggest driver of online pharmacies is convenience. Getting medicines delivered to their doorsteps is what people loved the most. It was a convenient way of getting medicine for those people who are staying alone and unfortunately, suffer from any disease. Apart from this, it is also great for elders who take care of themselves as they don’t have to visit the shop to purchase their medicines.
Fast Facts about Azithromycin
Common brand: Zithromax
Drug Form: Tablet (film-coated)
Dosage: 100 mg, 250 mg, 500 mg
Generic status: Lower-cost generic available
Drug Class: Macrolide antibiotic
Price: Around $76 for 60 generic tablets 100 mg.
We’re all about giving everyone access to our tablets, so we accept all online payment methods. Online Pharmacy accepts MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal. We utilize the internationally recognized Secure Server certificate (SSL) technology to ensure customers’ security. The vast majority of users who have made an order through our online service give us very positive ratings.
What is Azithromycin used for?
Azithromycin is a drug that belongs to a class of medicines called macrolide antibiotics. Tablets contain azithromycin dihydrate in the dose of 100 mg, 250 mg, and 500 mg. It works by killing or stopping the growth of bacteria causing your infection. Antibiotics are commonly used medications for the treatment of various bacterial infections. Unfortunately, there are millions of different types of bacteria pathogens so choosing the correct one is vital for accurately treating these types of infections.
This antibiotic is used to treat bacterial infection including the following:
- respiratory infections such as sinusitis, sore throat, tonsillitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- skin and underlying tissue infections
- genital infections such as Chlamydia
- an uncommon eye infection.
Azithromycin can be considered as the first and foremost example of successful knowledge and technology transfer ever. It can be taken by people who are allergic to penicillin. This drug does not break down in the body as quickly as other antibiotics. Instead of floating freely in the blood, the drug molecules are picked up by white blood cells that fight bacteria. The white blood cells take the medicine to the front lines of their struggle with germs, where it becomes concentrated in the tissues surrounding the infection. That concentration helps it remain in the body longer, which means patients need fewer doses to beat their infections. We offer the highest quality Azithromycin over-the-counter at a great price.
Azithromycin for Chlamydia
Chlamydia is one of the most commonly reported STIs in Australia. Notification rates among our population are around 380 infections per 100,000. It is an easily cured sexually transmitted infection (STI). It affects sexually active people of all ages and genders, with 15-30 years old at the greatest risk of infection.
Due to its high dosage, Azithromycin is a highly effective and fast-acting drug for the treatment of chlamydia. It works by preventing the growth of the bacteria known as chlamydia trachomatis. Thus, the bacteria is overcome and the body’s immune system can overcome the inflammation.
Azithromycin dosage for chlamydia
To treat chlamydia, commonly 1000mg is needed which means that the dosage consists of two tablets at 500mg. They are taken all at once or at least within an hour with water.
How long does Azithromycin take to cure chlamydia?
It usually takes 7 days (1 week) to clear chlamydia with an antibiotic. While treating chlamydia, you should refrain from sexual intercourse for a week to prevent you from infecting your partner. You may wish to take an STI test to confirm the infection has disappeared following treatment.
Azithromycin for COVID-19
The rapid emergence and the high disease burden of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 have created a medical need for readily available drugs that can decrease viral replication or blunt the hyperinflammatory state leading to severe COVID-19 disease.
Azithromycin has shown an antiviral effect specifically against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and acts on cytokine signaling pathways that have been implicated in COVID-19. Its effect on the early inflammatory phase is best supported by the current evidence, which is typically when the first symptoms arise and a patient contacts his caretaker.
In a U.S. trial, 270 adults (median age, 40) who had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 received a single 1200-mg dose of this drug or placebo. The primary outcome — total resolution of symptoms by day 14 after enrollment – occurred in identical proportions in the two groups (50%). Before starting Azithromycin for coronavirus, a comprehensive assessment for drug-drug interactions and cardiovascular risk factors is a prerequisite, especially when used in the first line is advocated.
Mechanism of action
The medicine belongs to a class of antibiotics called macrolides. These antimicrobial agents are a type of antibiotic that consists of at least one macrocyclic lactone ring, which makes its pharmacology capable of having either antifungal or antibacterial properties.
Zithromax is used to treat infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria. It works by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing and prevents the infection from spreading.
How long does Azithromycin stay in your system?
Due to the long half-life of Azithromycin, it keeps working to treat bacterial infections for another 5 days or so after your last dose, simply because you’ve been taking it regularly for the last 5 days.
How should this medicine be used?
Tablets are currently available in doses of 100 mg, 250 mg, and 500 mg.
Typical dosing for adults:
- Pneumonia, strep throat, tonsillitis, and skin infections: Take 500 mg by mouth on day 1, followed by 250 mg by mouth once a day on days 2 through 5.
- Sinus infections: Take 500 mg by mouth once a day for 3 days.
- COPD flare-up: There are two sets of directions you can follow. You can take 500 mg by mouth once a day for 3 days, OR you can take 500 mg by mouth on day 1, followed by 250 mg by mouth once a day on days 2 through 5.
- Chancroid, chlamydia, and infections of the urethra and cervix not caused by gonorrhea: Take 1,000 mg by mouth one time only.
- Gonorrhea: Take 2,000 mg by mouth one time only.
How to take Azithromycin?
- The drug is taken orally, preferably one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Take medication once a day. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
How long does Azithromycin take to work?
- Depending upon the reason why you are taking it, you may only need to take a single dose or you may be given a course for 3-5 days.
How to reduce side effects of Azithromycin?
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember but do not take two doses at the same time.
- You may consume yogurt with live active cultures or take a good probiotic supplement daily while on an antibiotic if you are worried about the antibiotic affecting your intestinal flora.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medicine too early may lead to the return or worsening of the infection.
Where can you buy Azithromycin?
Buying Azithromycin online allows customers to cut out the middleman and get the item straight to their front door. There is no need for a local pharmacy to stock the item.
Our Objectives Are:
- Offer a high quality of generics.
- Maintain a long-term relationship with the patient.
- Ensure speedy and accurate delivery of tablets.
- Offer a wide range of tablets at great prices.
Generic manufacturers can sell their products for lower prices because they are not required to repeat the costly clinical trials of new drugs and generally do not pay for costly advertising, marketing, and promotion. The key benefit of our online platform is the cost savings as well as finding the antibiotic that is needed.
How much does Zithromax cost in Australia?
Pricing has always been a strong engine of trade, as everyone wants to save his/her money. One of the most important reasons for the development of online pharmacies is the relatively low prices and extensive range of products.
Our online pharmacy and order through the site are profitable. The minimum price became affordable, not due to the quality deterioration. All goods sold online and at retail are the same. The price was decreased due to the lower maintenance costs of the pharmacy.
Want the best price on antibiotics? For example, the cost for antibiotics in the popular dose of 500mg starts at $130 for a supply of 30 Tab.
The Lowest Price: Stop Paying Too Much
Find the Best Antibiotic at the Right Price
People can easily save money on Azithromycin by comparing prices at our online pharmacy with prices available in Australia.
|Zithromax pack||100 mg per pill||250 mg per pill||500 mg per pill|
As you can see, the more tablets in one pack, the cheaper the drug costs. Luckily, there can be substantial savings when discounts are used from our online pharmacy, taking away financial stressors so the focus can be on recovery.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Azithromycin?
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what other medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- If you are taking antacids containing aluminum hydroxide or magnesium hydroxide (Maalox, Mylanta, Tums, others), you will need to allow some time to pass between when you take a dose of these antacids and when you take a dose of tablets.
- Tell your pharmacist if you have ever had jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes) or other liver problems while taking medication.
- Tell your pharmacist if you or anyone in your family has or has ever had a prolonged QT interval or a fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat and if you have low levels of magnesium or potassium in your blood; if you have a blood infection; heart failure; cystic fibrosis; myasthenia gravis.
Taking Azithromycin with certain medications raises your risk of side effects from these drugs. Examples of drugs that interact with antibiotics include:
- Nelfinavir. Taking this antiviral drug with this drug may cause liver or hearing problems.
- Warfarin. Taking this blood thinner drug with an antibiotic may increase your risk of bleeding.
- Macrolides are a class of antibiotics, and Azithromycin belongs to this class. Patients who use this drug with digoxin and phenytoin should be carefully monitored for drug interactions.
Do not use in patients with:
- Any liver problems
- Any kidney problems
- Any heart problems, including abnormalities of the rhythm
- Diabetes, hereditary fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption
- Cystic fibrosis
- Muscle weakness
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Azithromycin and alcohol
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with a drug. It can prevent your body from fighting an infection. Alcohol can also make gastrointestinal side effects worse.
Use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
Before taking an antibiotic, talk with your doctor if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. This drug should be used only if it’s needed.
For women who are breastfeeding: these pills do pass into the breast milk of lactating women. Because of this, the drug may cause side effects in a child who’s breastfed.
With any medication, there are risks and benefits. Even if the medication is working, you may experience some unwanted side effects. The more common side effects of the oral tablet can include diarrhea, nausea, abdominal (belly) pain, vomiting, headache.
If these effects are mild, they may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.